Are the pesky little mosquitoes making your life hell? What you wouldn’t do to get your space rid of the little blood suckers. Nothing spoils a good old dinner in the yard then a few mosquitoes making everyone scratch like crazy. Mosquito control isn’t easy, it requires drastic action since mosquitoes carry diseases like malaria and dengue fever. The first step in mosquito control is getting rid of breeding areas for mosquitoes. These include stagnant water ditches, piles of cut grass, and tall weeds.
Mosquito Control Tips
- Drill holes at the bottom of all outdoor and indoor containers so stagnant water can’t stay inside.
- Keep the drains open and unclogged
- Always chlorinate swimming pools to reduce chances of breeding mosquitoes. Chlorination should be done every month to avoid any growth of mosquito larvae.
- Get rid of all puddles caused by the rain in your area. A complete check will ensure that no stagnant water remains in your neighborhood.
- Clean bird baths and non chlorinated pools at least twice a week.
- Make sure your property is free of discarded aluminum cans and spare tires. All junk should be disposed of on a regular basis.
- Mow your lawn regularly so mosquitoes can’t hide in the tall grass or extra weeds. These tall grasses often become breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
Professional Mosquito Control
Often getting professional pest control help is the only way to go. KRB Pest Control provides the mosquito control services you need! Getting your house mosquito proofed by a professional pest control specialist means there are less chances of you being bitten by the little critters. A mosquito pest control professional can help you by:
- Making sure that all windows have mesh ensconced firmly with no gaps around the edges.
- Covering clothing, shades and screens with a permithrin based product. This can help in repelling mosquitoes and is effective for several washes as well.
- Use a spray application which is approved by the EPA for controlling mosquitoes. The sprayed chemical can be used on building foundations, grassy shrubs and gardens.
- Some companies also spray barrier protection sprays which can keep the mosquitoes at bay. The treatment often lasts the whole season so homes can stay protected along with the people and pets living in them.
- For a highly resistant mosquito outbreak we can resort to using adulticides and larvicides which can help get rid of these pests easily.